Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are providing free consultations via PHONE or VIDEO conferencing for your safety and convenience. Our Charlotte office is OPEN during its regular hours.


Representative Payee

On Behalf of | Apr 17, 2015 | Social Security Disability

If you have a mental limitation that would affect your ability to handle your finances, the Administrative Law Judge or Social Security Administration may require that a Representative Payee be appointed. The Representative Payee would receive the check issued by SSA and is under an obligation to utilize the funds for your benefit. Sometimes a Representative Payee only serves for a period of time until the disabled person is able to independently manage their financial affairs.


See What Our Clients Say

Robert Whitlow was awesome. He made sure he was totally prepared and also that we were prepared. Because of his knowledge and professionalism our case went through without a hitch.

Stephen D.

View more

See What Our Clients Say

Robert Whitlow is a great asset to your firm. He’s personal as well as professional. I cannot thank him enough for his help!

Jeanette W.
View more

What Our Clients Say

My previous attorney lost my disability claim. I saw Attorney Robert Whitlow and he took the time to totally understand what was going on and helped me get the necessary information.

Brandi P.
View more